The Digital Humanities Certificate Program consists of 4 courses [12 credit hours]. The program is bookended by the two required courses listed below: an interdisciplinary introductory seminar, and a culminating internship or practicum designed by the student in consultation with advisory faculty.
- HSCI 5613 Issues and Methods in the Digital Humanities
- Either the HSCI 5623 Practicum/Internship in the Digital Humanities or the LIS 5823 Internship
According to their interests, students choose two additional courses from the following guided electives list [see the Course Descriptions page for further info] :
- A HI 5913: Visual Culture in Theory and Practice
- C S 5093: Visual Analytics
- ENGL 5463: Rhetoric & Technology
- GEOG 5623: Seminar in GIS Design
- JMC 5970: Digital and Transmedia Theories
- LIS 5343: Archival Concepts and Traditions
- LIS 5453: Digital Collections
- LIS 5613: Dynamic Web Development
- LIS 5623: Introduction to Data Mining for Information Professionals
- LIS 5673: Introduction to Information Visualization
- LIS 5970: Digital Curation
The DHGC program offers coursework under the guidance of experts in the field, but is also more than coursework — students are invited to participate in activities sponsored by the Digital Scholarship Lab and to learn from and contribute to informal learning communities here at OU, and as a member of online interest groups.
For more specific details, see the Course Descriptions Page.